- Gemma's favorite phrase of late is, "I have an idea!" And oh, does she have some doozy's!
- she weighs 32 lbs
- we have been reading lots of new books and really enjoying the summer reading program at our local library
- when she draws people they have bodies now, instead of just legs and arms on a head!!
- strong-willed. have I mentioned before her strong will?
- she is getting very creative and imaginative when she plays. LOVE it!
- she finally seems to be over her 3-4 month long bout with separation anxiety!
KOLBE - 17 months
- he is walking!!!!
- weighs 24 lbs
- the only word he really says is "ball-ball". and he says it a lot. all the world is a ball for this one.
- he is starting to say a few animal sounds which is cute
- he still moans and groans when he is falling asleep. he has done this since the night he was born. and he gets louder the older he gets. i wonder if he will grow out of this?
- his favorite game of late is to throw anything he can get his hands on down our stairs. this may very well be the death of my sanity.
- he is (finally) napping better. sometimes he'll take a whole nap in his bed, sometimes he'll need resettled on the floor (which he does great with). either way, he ends up napping 2 or so hours a day (give or take) which has been nice. nights are still not great, but that will come. i've been trying to work on resettling him on the floor either in his room or ours at night now as well (rather than just having him sleep with us). it will take some discipline (on my part...it's so much easier just to bring him to bed, but he likes to kick aaron out) but i think it will be a good transition tool. with teething and everything i'm just not up for night-weaning. gemma night-weaned on her own around the age he is now, so we'll just see what the next few months bring. WHEW! now you know.
That's about it I guess. Not too much exciting going on the past month I guess. We've all been enjoying trips to the zoo (finally renewed our membership!) and time in the kiddie-pool on the deck. We get some nice afternoon shade so that's been a really great setup. And that's all for now!
| Gemma - 3yrs 5 months and Kolbe - 17 months |


5 comments:
So happy to have come across your blog! It's great! Love the pictures and finding another Catholic Mom!!!! Blessings to you.
would love you to visit mine
www.breakformom.com
great update! It's amazing how they develop so quickly! I know Gemma can cause you some frustration but she is really a doll :) And yay that she is doing better with the sep. anxiety. Thank God Nicholas is finally doing better with that too!
I can't believe Kolbe is such a big boy! Yay for better sleep too! I am right there with you! I love my James and I know I will miss these times of him being small and even the times of him sleeping with us but I am so ready for him to sleep on his own! ;)
Haha, I love the ball throwing down the stairs, something James also did/does...good excercise though right? ;)
I agree with Erika - great update :)
Sounds like a lot of fun at your house. Gemma is blessed to have you as her momma - no one could be better for her.
And hooray for Kolbe figuring out the sleeping thing. My youngest recently started sleeping through the night and taking a decent (predictable) nap - PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! :)
such a cute couch picture of them both together.
if you want, we have a crib mattress that we're not using that you could try putting on your floor. i've thought about doing it for max, but we have very little floor space in our room as it is.
Post a Comment