For Christmas, Gemma received the book Blessings Every Day: 365 Simple Devotions for the Very Young (Catholic Edition). I was really excited when I found this book, I prayed it would be just what I was looking for...and it was!! I love it when that happens. We use this now every day with our Morning Prayers, and it works just perfectly. It really is geared to the 3-5 year old crowd just perfectly. I mean, really spot on. I don't have to dilute anything for her; it's just perfect while not being too "fluffy" either. Each day starts off with a verse from Scripture, then a devotion/meditation, and then it ends with a two-line poem that sums up the devotion. It really is great! The only thing I wish it had was a prayer to go along with each devotion, but it has been a good opportunity to start working on spontaneous prayer so I really can't even complain about that too much. If you have a toddler or preschooler in your life, I would very highly recommend this book. And if you're not Catholic, there is a non-Catholic edition as well. Check out my friend Mary Elizabeth's post on Family Prayer as well for some great book recommendations and ideas for incorporating prayer into your daily family life.I am a Catholic wife and mom traveling the road of life and trying to live each day as a gift.
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Book review: Blessings Every Day
For Christmas, Gemma received the book Blessings Every Day: 365 Simple Devotions for the Very Young (Catholic Edition). I was really excited when I found this book, I prayed it would be just what I was looking for...and it was!! I love it when that happens. We use this now every day with our Morning Prayers, and it works just perfectly. It really is geared to the 3-5 year old crowd just perfectly. I mean, really spot on. I don't have to dilute anything for her; it's just perfect while not being too "fluffy" either. Each day starts off with a verse from Scripture, then a devotion/meditation, and then it ends with a two-line poem that sums up the devotion. It really is great! The only thing I wish it had was a prayer to go along with each devotion, but it has been a good opportunity to start working on spontaneous prayer so I really can't even complain about that too much. If you have a toddler or preschooler in your life, I would very highly recommend this book. And if you're not Catholic, there is a non-Catholic edition as well. Check out my friend Mary Elizabeth's post on Family Prayer as well for some great book recommendations and ideas for incorporating prayer into your daily family life.
Labels:
book review,
children's books,
prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This is great and just what I've been looking for! Thanks for sharing!
Hurray! Can't wait to check it out! Thank you!
Post a Comment