Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wine bottle holder

I made this wine bottle holder (it's holding a bottle of Castle Rock Pinot Noir if you're curious...very tasty) for a friend for Christmas, and was very pleased with how it turned out.  I got the directions from my One Yard Wonders book.  If you have basic sewing skills, and at least a limited ability to follow directions (and believe me, my sewing skills are still pretty basic, and my ability to follow written directions is just plain awful), this would be a book I would highly recommend owning.  I got it from a friend of my mom's when she moved, and I thought it looked kind of gimmicky until I actually started flipping through it.  This is the third or fourth project I've made from this book, and they've all been equally simple, minimally time consuming, and I've gotten great results.

1 comment:

Erika Marie said...

cool! I love the fabric!