We jumped back into our Letter of the Week activities after the new year. I've scaled things back a little bit. We still have our circle time every morning, and I'm going to try to have one craft-type activity and/or one religious craft or activity for each week. Plus maybe a little enrichment stuff here and there. I'm just going to be a little more relaxed about the day we do things and such though, whereas the first half of the alpha I kept things pretty structured with a planned activity each day. Just trying to keep things realistic, fun and educational. I also like the idea of trying to incorporate some foods and snacks into our weekly themes here and there, and definitely getting outdoors for more nature activities once spring comes (come on, come on, come on...)
For "N" week our main activity was this Holy Name of Jesus poster we made for our kitchen (January is the month of the Holy Name). Gemma had fun gluing the buttons and beads.
Some "N" books we enjoyed were:
A Stormy Ride on Noah's Ark (while not incredibly Biblical per se, this was very cute I thought)
A Nest Full of Eggs (This book was so educational, I would highly recommend it and hope to check more out from this series in the future. Gemma really liked it as well, I think we read it every day.)
2 comments:
I really like the Let's Read and Find Out Science series. We always have some of those in our book basket!
Thanks for the book suggestions! I'm always looking for new ones as my little boy LOVES books!
Post a Comment