Friday, February 20, 2009

As promised...

As I promised, I am here today to share with you a much happier blog-post. But first, I must say thank you to some great friends out there. The comments/messages I've received have been so nice. I appreciate and treasure any tips I can get from other moms of young kiddos, so keep it coming! And sometimes it's just encouraging (no offense) to hear that there are other people out there going through the same thing. I even got a phone call this evening from a former co-worker of mine who has a son several months older than Gemma, just called to say hey and that he'd read my post and wanted to tell me not to worry and that I was doing a good job. How nice is that?!! Thank you everyone!

Gemma actually had a pretty good night last night. As Aaron said, it seems just when I'm starting to get really frustrated she tosses in a better night as if to say, "see mom, I can do this, I'm learning." God is good.

So anyways, on to our happy day. We hosted our very first playdate at our house this morning, and it was so much fun. Six toddlers and a baby and four mommies (including Gemma and myself) and it was just great! I am blessed to have some wonderful mommy friends. Again, God is so good. I am grateful to have friends with whom I share the same morals and values...friends who are like-minded when it comes to the way in which we raise our kiddos...friends whose kids are sweet, polite, well-mannered, and just a joy to have around. We had a great time chatting and snacking on some yummy breakfast foods while the kiddos played. Great day!!

And here, as I also promised, are some cute pics. I forgot to take any during the playdate (doggone) so decided to whip the camera out during bathtime tonight. I want to see if you notice the common thread in these four pictures (besides the fact that they're all of Gemma in the bathtub).
Did you notice?? Yep, that's what my hubby does to play with (antagonize?) little Gemma when she's in the bathtub. Suctions that little froggie to her shoulder just out of her reach. It is really rather funny, kind of like watching a dog chase it's tail. Otherwise (as you can see in the pictures) it really doesn't seem to bother her. Silly girl...silly hubby!

Well, here's to a great weekend for everyone. Thanks for checking in with us, and again, thanks for the encouragement!

No comments: