Our week
Wow, is it Thursday already? Thought I'd sign-in for a brief update on our week. And of course some sweet Gemma pics!Monday evening was interesting. When Gemma awoke from her nap her cheeks were a bit rosy. I didn't think much of it, until they stayed that way. And as the early evening progressed she started feeling a bit warm. Upon taking her temp I discovered a 102.3 fever. HOLY COW!!! She nursed and napped for a bit around 6 which is totally unlike her. She hasn't taken an evening nap since last summer. Then she woke up when daddy got home from work and you could tell she felt just awful. This picture is just so sweet I think.
She curled up on Aaron's tummy while he was watching America's Funniest Videos. Now, Gemma really doesn't watch TV. Oh, she'll glance at the Weather Channel in the mornings when Aaron has it on, but we don't do DVD's or PBS or anything like that yet. Well, she curled up with daddy and had just a grand old time watching. She would sit up, squeal and say "woof woof, PUPPY!" And then snuggle right back down with daddy and her trusty blankie. Aaron said, is it any wonder? The show consists 95% of puppies and babies doing cute things. Well, we she had a small dinner of oatmeal and fruit and then we gave her a quick bath which really seemed to perk her up. After that she seemed hungry and ate a bunch of chicken. We went ahead and gave her some Tylenol just before bed to help make her more comfortable. She nursed and went to sleep just fine. She woke up around 11 and had a pretty rough time between 11-midnight. I figured at that point, "brace yourself...we're in for a rough night." Well, I got her resettled in her bed just before midnight, and to my utter surprise wasn't up with her again until she got up the next morning at 7:45. WHAT?!!! And on top of that, she woke up fever free and happy as can be, and has been fine ever since. She cut another tooth on Tuesday, but I really don't think the tooth would have caused a fever THAT high. Weirdness. I'm just thankful to God that she's doing fine albeit a tiny bump in the road.Then yesterday my mom, sis, nephew and I headed to the park. What FUN the kiddos had. It was Gemma's first time at this particular park since last summer...and she has changed just a wee bit since then. She LOVED it, as evidenced by the following pics.


We got Lent off to a nice start yesterday, both Gemma and I attended morning Mass and received our ashes at our parish. I found a sweet little book at the Catholic store called "Mary's Big Surprise". It is a precious story about Jesus' life, death, and Resurrection as seen through the eyes of Mary Magdalen. It is by the same authors who wrote "Where are you, little lamb?", one of Gemma's favorite books. It is just the right lenght for her attention span, and the illustrations are completely precious. The animals in the story are quite animated, and it is just too cute to see their expressions as the story progresses. A great way to teach about Jesus to the wee-est little ones. I thought it would be something simple and repetitive we could do daily during Lent together.Well, that just about sums up our week. This weather is such a delightful foretaste of spring...makes me excited for the weeks and months to come.
CHEERS!
2 comments:
Thanks for the book recommendation!
Hi Monica! Glad you stumbled upon us - we look forward to keeping up with the goings on of your family as well!
Melanie has both of the books you mentioned and really enjoys them, especially the animals (which is the case with all of her books for that matter...)
We are completely in love with the new equipment at SC Park, but Buffalo Park has a nice smaller set of toddler equipment for when you don't feel like running all over to keep up with your little one. I've found it easier to go out to that park without additional adult helpers on days we need to get out of the house. And the zoo membership will be a well used resource as well, I'm sure. We've had one in Melanie's stocking the last couple Christmases and it more than pays for itself - and the guest pass is a very nice bonus! Melanie really enjoys the observation room at the gorilla forest, but she may have been people watching as much as gorilla watching, I'm not too sure which held her attention more :)
Post a Comment