Monday, February 9, 2009

Gemma and mommy make Valentines

OK, sometimes I feel like I am a bit redundant between here and my Facebook page. However I know there are people out there who read my blog with whom I am not friends on FB, and vice-versa, soooooo...if this is a rerun, then you can ignore. BUT, for the rest of you...

Gemma and I worked together to make some Valentines on Saturday morning. We went to the store and picked out some cute cards. Then we came home and I let Gemma "sign" each one. It was her first experience with markers, and she did pretty well. We tried some Crayola "TaDoodles" paints that she had received for her birthday, but she actually did better with the markers I think. As you will see from the pictures, the paper was NOT the only place that the marker ended up. AND, I have learned that I really probably should purchase some washable markers for the girl child. No permanent marks left anywhere, but she did go to Mass Saturday evening with a bit pinker nose than normal. :-D

Anyways, she did great with it until she started tiring of the project, at which point she would promptly chuck the markers on the floor when handed to her. Made for some interesting colorful specks, some of which I'm still discovering, and I now have a kitchen rag that may be permanently pinkish, but, eh. Oh well. We had fun and made some great little Valentines. I'm just sad we have to give them all away. I need to just get a piece of paper and have her make some "art" for our fridge, too.

So, here's the photo evidence. Pretty sweet, I think.

"Ooooh, wha-sat?!!" she says.
I can do this!
See?! Look at me!
Ooooooohhhhhhhh!!!!!!
Where's Gemma???
PEEK-A-BOO!!!! (notice the pink nose)
And this last picture I just thought was soooo sweet. It's not the typical smiley Gemma. A more pensive look indeed. But you can see a little grin peeking through, and she and "Dolly" are just such good buddies. Plus, the sunlight streaming through the window just gave it a "happy" feeling. I thought it was quite sweet.
HAPPY (early) VALENTINES DAY from Gemma-goo and her mommy and daddy too!!!!

No comments: