Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thirteen months, and a peek into our week

So, missy-magoo turned 13 months yesterday. And here is the obligatory pic. Only this time, it's obligatory pics. You see, I just can't decide which one I like best. Your opinion?? Each one is such a cute depiction of her personality, I just can't decide which one to put in her book. Leave me a comment and tell me which one you like best! We're trying "no bangs", as that is what she'll get once her hair gets longer and thicker. I am trying to avoid that "bangs back to the middle of the head" look with her, so we'll just go with "no bangs" until she gets a little older...
It's been quite a good week, her cold is pretty much gone and her appetite is back to normal for the most part, so that's been great. I have found that the girl love love LOVES spaghetti and meatballs. It's great!! I am thinking it's the tomato, so I am seriously considering mixing some of her other foods with tomato sauce and seeing if she eats them any better. Is that bad? She figured out how to drink out of her milk sippy (no handles) all on her own. She just seems to pick something new up every day.
So, today was the official beginning of consignment sale season. YAY!!!!!!!!! We are in need of lots of spring/summer clothes among other things. I found probably 10 or so outfits at today's sale, so that's a great start. Mainly just comfy-casual summer-wear. Nothing spectacular, but none-the-less I'm very excited about what I got. Also found two pair of summer shoes. Hopefully they will fit, I had trouble gauging what size she'll be wearing this summer. We're still lacking in the jammy department, but when I'm able to get such good deals on other things it's not the end of the world if I have to get the jammies new. I can't believe it but her 12month ones are already starting to get on the snug side (lengthwise, go figure). I think she grows in her sleep!!

I also picked up a little toy for her today. It is a shape sorter (see pics). She got one of those tupperware ones for Christmas, with which she does great with assistance, but this one she is able to do a little more independently. It has three shapes, with four pieces of each shape. She really seems to like it!!
And in this picture, I will explain, she is signing "more".
This is one of the latest things she has learned and it's sooooo cute (and useful). Although she doesn't always sign it at the right time for the right reason, she is really figuring it out. Here she is signing that she wanted to play more shapes. She will sign more at the dinner table (even if she doesn't always want more...yeah, we're still learning) and when we're reading books to signal that she wants to read another book. Pretty sweet. And here's a great story. Aaron rocked her down the other night and put her in bed asleep (he thought). He said as soon as he laid her down her eyes popped wide open, and she looked up at him with a grin on her face and signed "more". Too cute. So she and daddy got a bit more snuggle time. How could you resist a request like that?!

Well, I think that's about it for the week. Like I said, holler and let me know which pic you like the best of the three 13-month ones. Thanks!!

TTFN!!!

8 comments:

Sarah :) said...

Well who says you can't use all three? *haha* If I HAD to choose...I would go with number two. She looks like she's about to bust out in some real mischief. Too cute! :)

EMO said...

They are all cute, but I vote for #1.
That is awesome about the signing, we taught Quinn sign language and it was very helpful, and I am just now starting to do some with Kylie.
I think adding tomato sauce to the other foods is a good idea, it couldn't hurt.

Erin

Erin said...

Adorable :) I vote number one also.

Matthew S said...

I would go with number one, want me to tone correct and balance it out in photoshop for ya?

Angie said...

I like #2. Happy 13 months!

Dannon said...

Ok...I'm the only one going for #3 so far, but #2 is a close 2nd. More was one of Zach's first signs. He also does bath and please....working on thank you, drink, eat, mommy and daddy! Helps when you have a speech therapist in the pic teaching us all these things too! Zach LOVES cinnamon....he ate his cereal and oatmeal much longer with that and flavored no sugar added applesauce! He's still a huge fan when I give him cinnamon toast. You have GOT to get me info on the sales....when, where, etc!

Michelle said...

I vote for #1. They're all pretty precious though!

Michelle's Musings said...

I am going with Dannon and voting #3. I love the no bangs look!!!!