Gemma and daddy enjoying our Valentines fire.
I am a Catholic wife and mom traveling the road of life and trying to live each day as a gift.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Valentines weekend
We had such a nice Valentines weekend. Maybe the best ever for me! And nothing incredibly super-special or anything, it was just a nice weekend together as a family. Friday Gemma and I made a new picture-poster for daddy's office as a Valentine for him. He hadn't gotten a new one for over three months, so it was a nice surprise for him. Saturday morning we got around and met a good friend/Gemma's godmother for breakfast at Village Inn. Gemma was such a good girl, sat in the high chair for over an hour and just played, drank her milk, and ate a few bites of mommy's pancakes (sans the syrup). What a sweetie. I was so proud of her. After naptime we went to the mall to pick out my Valentines perfume that Aaron wanted to get me. I finally found the scent that I really liked, I mean, it was TOTALLY "the one"...and they were out of it. So I'm holding out, I wasn't going to settle for something else. Oh well, gives me something for which to look forward. Gemma and I gave daddy his Valentine present, a hand-saw. Exciting, I know. Hey, he's a practical guy and it was something he needed, he was pretty thrilled about it to be honest. Saturday evening we lit a fire for the family to enjoy, and then after Gemma went to bed Aaron cooked a nice dinner of crab-legs, yummy garlic mashed potatoes, and asparagus. mmmMMMMMM!!!! So like I said, it was just a very special day spent with my two special Valentines. Hope all of you had equally wonderful weekends. Thanks for checking in!! I'll add a few pics from the weekend below.
Gemma and daddy enjoying our Valentines fire.
Gemma all gussied up for Mass Sunday morning. We had a "heart" theme this past week, something with a heart on it every day!
Gemma's new trick...she's so proud of herself!

Gemma and daddy enjoying our Valentines fire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment