Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sickie

Well, it's been a rather rough week around here. My little Gemma-goo has not been feeling well since Monday. It all hit at once, like one moment she was fine and then all of a sudden she has a runny nose and fever and the works. Poor gal, I wonder how long she'd been feeling badly (you know, the nagging sore throat, etc.) before I realized. Well, the fever broke Monday night and she was just left with a horribly runny nose and nagging cough on Tuesday and Wednesday, but now the fever is back again today. Poor baby. We're just taking it a moment at a time...napping when she feels like it, eating when she can, whatever. Hopefully it goes away on it's own, I think we'll give her through the weekend and if she's not up to par (or close to it) by Monday we may consider a doctor visit. I'll keep you posted.

So, aside from the sickness here are some other updates...


Gemma is really starting to "play" now, and it's so cute to watch. She likes to crawl around the house and go back to her room and play with the books back there. I've been just kind of leaving her, and peeking in on her to see that she's not into anything (CD player, nightlite). I know it's good to give her some independence, and for her to learn to play on her own.

She got this shape sorter for Christmas, and can put every shape in all by herself. I have to show her the correct slot, but then she can maneuver the shape in all on her own. Smart girl.
She also has learned to play peek-a-boo, and will play just about anywhere, with just about anything. She'll use her hands, a blankie, furniture, books, the mail. It is so stinkin' cute!! All I have to say is "Where's Gemma???"...and off we go!
These final pictures just crack me up. We have this drink-mix called Greens First. It is kind of a supplement-type thing with servings of fruits/veggies in it. Of course we eat real fruits and veggies around here too, but heaven knows no one eats enough of that stuff. Anyways, it's one of the few nutritional supplements Aaron sells at his office, and so we partake in it here at home too. Well, we thought we'd let Gemma give it a try. Now let me tell you, this stuff is not a pretty color. It really does look downright gross. Guess it just goes to show you what preconceieved notions do to you. She LOVED it! Look at the sheer glee. It was completely hilarious. She just kept wanting to drink more. Gotta love that!
Well, that's all for now folks. Thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Sarah :) said...

*hehe* That last picture IS hilarious!! She looks like she really likes it!!

(I've gotta ask though, what on earth does that stuff taste like?)