Saturday, February 21, 2009

Mornings with daddy

We are very blessed to have a daddy who does not have to leave for work super early. And therefore (most mornings) he gets some special time to spend with his Gemma. And her seahorse. Lately she has become very attached to her "lovey's"...blankie (namely its beloved corners), dolly, and seahorse. It's cute. This morning when we heard her stir, I poked my head in without her seeing me (I love doing that) and she was standing there holding the seahorse (who was playing) out in front of her, holding the bedrail with her other hand, and "dancing" (bobbing her head up and down with a gleeful smile on her face). Too cute. And for the record, she had an awesome night last night. YAY! Guess it just took some blog therapy. Teehee. Baby-steps, we'll get there. Sometimes I think (and as someone else pointed out to me) it's not always her that needs to change, but often my own attitude. Day at a time...life is good.

No comments: